Take our video tour and contact us for an individual virtual or in-person showing of this ideal Maplewood home! (973) 991-9954 or email@example.com
Curb appeal aplenty with this lushly landscaped storybook Victorian. The dreamy (newly rebuilt) porch invites you into this truly delightful home. You can’t help but feel the charm, lovingly preserved and updated. The fresh paint & newly refinished floors provide a crisp polish throughout. Two working fireplaces add literal and visual warmth. Great flow & spacious rooms allow for everyone to have their own space or gather – perfect now & always. Large updated kitchen makes cooking a delight. Five bedrooms + bonus office/studio/dressing room allows for many configurations. The third floor can be used as a large master suite! Plenty of backyard space, fully fenced. Sizeable, waterproofed basement with high ceilings can easily be finished and provides ample storage.
Perfectly situated – 0.7 miles to downtown/train and convenient to schools, stores, parks, etc.
Dear Future Owners,
Our 14 years at 87 Oakland Road have been wonderful and memorable. The warm welcome we received from neighbors when we moved in and the friendliness of our neighbors has made living here a pleasure! Our children were 6 and 12 when we moved to Maplewood. They attended the local public schools from elementary school through high school. All were in easy walking distance. Our son and daughter were heavily involved in local theater as well as HS sports and travel teams. They grew up here and the experience of being part of a diverse community is one of the reasons we chose Maplewood. It was the right decision.
In addition to the education, sports, and entertainment, one of the best surprises of living here was discovering South Mountain Reservation. Year round, we enjoyed walking in the woods with our dog, looking for fairy houses and discovering new trails. We have enjoyed the local parks (just a few blocks away in opposite directions) for running and playing family sports. Memorial Park has been the scene for many a basketball game for the males in our house – making many friends over the years as a result. Summers at Memorial Park are so enjoyable with the annual rubber ducky races, the annual Maplewoodstock festival – which brings major talent to our town, and the July 4th celebrations. Maplewood is renown for its strong community.
The location of 87 Oakland Road has been perfect. Besides the children being able to walk safely to school and nearby parks, there is the added bonus of being able to walk to Maplewood Village and the Maplewood Train Station. Being able to easily commute to New York City was a key reason we chose this house and the delightful walk through Memorial Park to the train was always a joy – and a jitney available when it rained! Maplewood is a warm and friendly place, where just taking an after-dinner stroll brings pleasure and neighborly greetings.
When we first walked into this beautiful Old Victorian house we immediately felt a connection and like we were home. She has served us well and we have spent many happy years here. Now that our children are grown and our needs have changed, it is time for us to let another family make their memories.
The Owners of 87 Oakland Road
• French Drains – Vulcan 6/26/07
• New Motor for Sump Pump installed 12/2019
• Furnace replaced 1/2018
• Water Heater replaced – 6/2007
• Floors and Walls painted 2/2020
• O’Neil Plumbers checked furnace and plumbing 11/2019 • Washing Machine and Dryer bought 11/2019
• Paint and floor work 2/2020
• Kitchen remodeled 2012-13
• Oven, microwave, fridge, dishwasher 2012
• Exhaustive fireplace & chimney work:
– Stainless steel liner installed in heating flue by Michael’s Chimney Service 10/19
– Fireplace flues sealed
– New cap installed
– Chimney stacks repointed
• Paint and floor 2/2020
• Bedrooms 1 and 2 drywalled and insulated, new ceiling with lights and fans 12/2018 • All closets repainted 12/2018
• Floors laid throughout 11/2019 (two bedrooms and office) • Bedrooms 4 and 5 repainted including closets 11/2019
• Many new double glazed windows 2007
• Gutters – 1/3/20 by Ted Omelanczuk (973) 472-8669 • Painting – Wilber’s 11/14
• Roof – Scott’s Roofing 2009
• Exterminator – 5/20 (Buckingham)
• Rebuilt front porch – 2020
Close proximity to so much!
Ample room indoors and out