Space + location + charm! This West Montrose home is a perfect example of the updated charm that make our towns so appealing. Just blocks from Mountain station, schools, Floods Hill, the Baird, etc. Have a thing for porches? This classic Colonial boasts THREE porches – 1 for every occasion! The spacious, bright, renovated kitchen with butler’s pantry is a cook and entertainer’s dream. 3 spacious BRs + den + finished attic bonus room provide space for all sorts of daily and occasional needs. The curb appeal with gorgeous landscaping will draw you in and the equally sweet backyard will seal the deal. Plus, a mud room, high ceilings, beautiful and useful built-ins, hardwood floors throughout, and LOADS of storage. A wood-burning fireplace in the living room and radiant heat in the den will keep you cozy during colder months.
WHAT DO THE OWNERS HAVE TO SAY?
Dear Future Homeowners,
We’re going to miss this house. We thought we were just buying a house, but we got so much more. We were able to keep on foot in the city, and one foot in the “country.” It’s quiet, but surrounded by things to do. A great house in an amazing location.
A few things that make this house special:
- Vibe – not sure how or why, but friends always comment that the house has “a good vibe,” it’s likely the layout and flow, vibrant street, three porches, whatever… but it has it.
- Walkability – we walk and bike everywhere… to Floods Hill for sledding in winter and movies/bands in summer, to baseball practice, to the town pool, to the train, to the playground, to the Fox & Falcon.
- Belonging – the collection of neighbors make the house really special – it’s a unique and diverse patchwork of people. We’re going to miss it.
- Patina – the house was built in 1907 (Teddy Roosevelt was President), it was very well renovated by the previous owners (2004) and been well taken care of. It’s vintage.
- Mobility – the train is RIGHT THERE, a 4 minute walk to the station – and a 29-minute train from NYC in the evening. EWR is an 18 minute drive.
We hope you find that 416 Clark works as well for your family as it did for us.
The Current Homeowners